Front Desk Bellman
Acts as an ambassador to Tahoe Mountain Lodging (TML), the destination and the division, including assistance with making special arrangements, delivery and removal of luggage and personal belongings, storing of luggage, and orienting guests and owners to the residence as well as the Village.
- Welcome guests and assist guests by helping unload luggage from a vehicle and transporting to their room, personally carrying luggage or using a luggage cart.
- Upon departure, assists the guest by transporting luggage from room to lobby, and helping guest load luggage into vehicle.
- Place baggage in residence.
- Describe amenities.
- Orient guests to residence and point out to each guest the fire exits, usage of TV, DVD, thermostat directions, location of in-room safe, elevator lock, and provide ice.
- Place and store luggage and issue claim checks as requested.
- Assist guests throughout their stay by keeping them current on accommodations, services and area attractions.
- Respond to guest needs by promptly delivering, in person, laundry, newspapers, faxes, phone messages, flowers, additional linens, etc
- Respond to inquiries and promote the resort’s services, in person and on telephone, explaining products/services. Provide guests with up-to-date lodge and resort information in order to enhance customer relations.
- Maintain written log, responding to these requests and deliveries.
- Assist guests getting in and out of vehicles.
- Collect and return linens and amenities.
- Responsible for two-way radio communication.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Be well-groomed and in uniform with name tag at all times.
- Clean and maintain lobby areas, courtyard and entrances free of debris, snow and ice. Clean bell carts.
- Report damage to buildings or residences to appropriate departments.
- Maintain and act as an additional security presence by carrying master key, radio, walking hallways at least once during shift, locating bell carts, making sure closets and storage spaces are properly closed and locked.
- Additional duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
Reports directly to Director of Guest Services and indirectly to the Guest Services Supervisor.
Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Previous computer experience, typing skills required. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational skills. Good communication skills-both written and verbal. Requires excellent listening and phone skills. Must be able to operate or use the following: computer, printer, copier, calculator, typewriter, telephone and writing utensils. Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the surrounding community in general.