Front Desk Supervisor
The Front Office Supervisor assists the Front Desk Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances. Ensures all management directions and guest special requests or needs are properly noted in the Property Management System for action by the appropriate hotel department prior to check-in. Interacts and communicates with all guests, owners and internal guests to foster a teamwork environment. Assists in the training, development and direction of the Front Office Staff. Remains current on room rates, room availability and emergency procedures.
Other duties include:
- Assist in the loading of rates and inventory on all GDS systems
- Document/Resolve or refers to other Management all guest concerns, complaints or suggestions in a continuous effort to provide superior guest service
- Ensure all management directions and guest special requests or needs are properly noted in the Property Management System for action by the appropriate hotel department prior to check-in
- Maintain appearance/uniform standards as outlined in the employee handbook
- Other duties as directed by management
Location: Vail Mountain Lodge- Vail, CO.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: Varies; shifts are 7a-3p & 3p-11p. Holidays and weekends required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a hospitality operation in a property of similar size and quality.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence in English
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and employees throughout the organization
- Teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests.
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer. Knowledge of Resort Data Processing helpful
- Experience with Full and Fractional ownership helpful.