Directly responsible for check-in and checkout of guests, guest services, supervision of guest services hosts.
- Supervise all front desk personnel to ensure that the guest experience is efficient and pleasant and of superior quality. Ensure that all shifts within the department are adequately staffed with trained personnel while adhering to budgetary guidelines.
- Hire, train, supervise, and counsel all front desk staff with job descriptions, training requirements and performance standards for each position; keep staff informed through regularly scheduled meetings, memos, etc.
- Communicate necessary information to other departments and ensure that the guest services office acts as a communication center for the hotel.
- Ensure all accounting, human resource and payroll records or reports are prepared accurately and punctually and are directed to the appropriate department in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all work and guest areas and equipment (office equipment, and computers) are maintained for appearance, functionality and safety. Recommend improvements.
- Count and keep track of cash drawer and petty cash. Make weekly deposits.
- Support, promote and participate in the Company Safety Program by ensuring that monthly safety training meetings are consistently held and attended by staff. Communicate safety issues to the General Manager or Property Safety Representative.
- Fulfills Guests and Owners requests in a timely manner and always quote an estimated time for the Guest or Owner to expect fulfillment.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Maintain a "public folder" log daily to obtain the most current information.
- Be informed about company partners including, but not limited to, East West Partners, Tahoe Mountain Club and Northstar-at-Tahoe.
- Additional duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Directly supervise front desk staff. Responsible for controlling front office costs, maximizing sales and creating an efficient, guest oriented process before, during and after a guest stay. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
Directly accountable to the Director of Guest Services