Landmark Assistant General Manager/Director of Resident Services
Title: Assistant Manager
Department: The Landmark Towers Condominium Association
Wage Category: Exempt
Reports to: Landmark Towers Manager
Subordinate staff: Resident Services, Move Monitors, Security Services, House
Other internal contacts: Maintenance
External contacts: Owners, Residents, Guests, Real Estate Professionals, Contactors
The Assistant Manager is an active participant on the Landmark Towers management team. The AM will assist the Manager in the daily operation of the building and take on their responsibilities in their absence. The AM’s primary focus will be on front desk operations, staffing, and violation inspections. The AM must be hospitable towards both external and internal customers, professional, assertive and quick thinking as the scope of building, staffing, and resident issues vary from day-to-day. Must be comfortable working in a continuously changing work environment. This position requires weekend shifts both Sunday and Saturday. This position requires on call 24 hrs. This position requires the ability to work 24/7 based on scheduling needs.
- All Front Desk Processes, including training and updating processes should it be necessary
- Staffing, training, coaching and scheduling of 24hr. desk, including requests off
- The ability to fill in at the front desk when needed (any shift)
- Payroll processing
- Supervision of staff, including being present at the front desk
- Ordering supplies for front desk and all common areas
- Appropriate resolution of referred owner concerns
- Daily oversight of common areas, including: lobby, hallways, club room, pools, garages
- Perform bi-weekly violation walks through property and all common areas.
- Ensure all owners and guests comply with the condo declaration, rules & regulations
- Manage coordination and general needs of all guest suite and amenity reservations
- Work with the Social Committee to coordinate special property-wide events. This would include working with vendors, caterers and purchasing liquor.
- Special Projects
- Attend all board meetings, including working sessions
- Keep a viable presence in the job market for top talent through different job sites.
All areas within the Landmark Tower boundaries
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers.
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach to management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications & office equipment
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work 24/7 based on scheduling needs
- Sustained background in Hospitality i.e. high end hotel/resort/property management like experience a must
- Supervisory or management experience strongly recommended
- College graduate and/or professional certificate preferred
- Must have a sincere desire to help people - owners, guest, staff, and alike
- Maintenance / housekeeping oriented