JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for making guest reservations for Tahoe Mountain Lodging and remotely for Snowmass Mountain Lodging.
- Take reservation calls.
- Work with other departments as needed on guest recovery efforts to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicate efficiently and grammatically correct via e-mail in a timely manner via the central reservations e-mail.
- Responsible for aspects of wholesale reservations including group block and extranet inventory management.
- Responsible for maintaining data in IQWare on a daily basis.
- Create and provide revenue management reports including but not limited to the competitive business call around.
- Provide site tours for potential group and wholesale clients as needed.
1. Additional duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
Reports directly to the Reservations Manager
Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent applicable experience. Previous hotel or travel industry sales and marketing and/or reservations experience desired. Computer experience, typing skills required. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, html experience desired. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have excellent organizational skills. Must have excellent communication skills-both written and verbal. Requires excellent listening and phone skills. Must be able to operate or use the following: computer, printer, copier, calculator, and telephone.