Riverfront Park Area Grounds Worker
Title: Master Area Grounds Worker
Department: East West Urban Management
Wage: Hourly rate TBD based upon experience and skill
Reports to: Chief Building Engineer
Assist in, and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of the grounds in the Riverfront Park Association including but not limited to: snow removal, landscaping & general upkeep. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required. This position is part time - Friday through Sunday. 24hrs per week.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as snow blowers, snow plows, power washers, RTV vehicles, leaf blowers etc.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, brooms etc.
- Hand sweep sidewalks and pick up trash
- Pick up dog waste
- Rake and sweep up leaves
- Clean up graffiti
- Replace dog waste hand bags and trash bags
- Power wash sidewalks
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and spread ice melt in those areas.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, planters etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment and BAS
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work on ones feet throughout the day
- Ability to walk from building to building
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work in extreme environments - extreme heat and extreme cold
- Ability to work one weekend day and four weekdays based on scheduling needs
- Ability to be on call on a rotating shift
- Sustained background in a variety of trades
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Must have a sincere desire to help people - owners, guest, staff, and alike