The Barback is responsible for exceeding guest expectations and providing a memorable experience for the guests. As a Barback you are responsible for basic prep work behind the bar, including such tasks as refilling ice bins, restocking liquor, replacing kegs, cutting garnishes, and clearing away and washing empty glasses and ensuring the bar area is clean and presentable.
Other duties include:
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all of the menus.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of beverages both alcoholic and non-mixed and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain a knowledge of both hotel operations and local area attractions.
- Anticipate guest needs and expectations.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the bar.
- Responsible for communicating any problems or concerns to the Beverage Manager.
- To insist on meticulous cleanliness and orderliness.
- Other duties as assigned
Location: Maya Restaurant- Avon, CO.
Approximate Start Date: 11/12/2017
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Schedule: Evenings; weekends and holidays required.
Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment, have responsible cash handling skills, and be passionate about food, beverage and guest service. Previous restaurant experience is preferred with at least 1 year of working in a similar position. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, required in English. Maintain TIPS certification.
Position requires standing and carrying for long periods. This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21-50 pounds.