Building Maintenance Technician
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical & electrical systems, rental units, homecare units and keeping Association buildings in good condition to ensure a satisfactory guest experience.
- Inspect and maintain all mechanical & electrical systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance checklists on association equipment & facilities
- Perform annual preventive maintenance inspections on individual program units.
- Accomplish troubleshooting & repairs to equipment and facilities as directed by supervision.
- Fulfill guest and owner requests for work and document any work accomplished.
- Participate in the on call maintenance program.
Additional duties and special projects as requested and or assigned.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Reports directly to Maintenance Director. Must have or be able to acquire all required hand tools within 30 days.
At least 2 years previous maintenance experience required. Technical competency in at least one of the core building maintenance trades. Computer literate, with previous experience with a CMMS program a plus. Mechanical/electrical aptitude and a willingness to develop additional skills. Must have a valid drivers license and be able to work weekends, and holidays.