In Room Dining Attendant
The In-Room Dining Attendant is responsible for maintaining and operating in-room dining to fulfill guest’s food and beverage needs and ensure guest satisfaction. You will maintain full knowledge of all F&B served as well as operating a freely structured environment that changes minute to minute due to common guest activity. Accepts and communicates in-room dining orders and prepares trays/tables. Will maintain stock levels and cleanliness of service area and performing opening and closing duties.
Essential duties include:
- Within your own personality, create a feeling of hospitality generated by a genuine concern of all guests/co-workers needs.
- Foster a culture in which guest satisfaction is the primary concern.
- Follow opening and closing side work lists, checkout with MOD when completed.
- Check amenity log for any pending amenities each day, close to proper house account.
- Ensure all food and beverage that goes out to a guest is correct, hot and up to standard.
- Complete knowledge of in-room dining menus.
- Do daily checkouts, must check out with a manager on duty.
- Maintain F&B cleanliness of your work space, including but not limited to: bus area surrounding dish rack for dirty dishes, associate meal table, in-room dining work station and surrounding shelves.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Approximate Start Date: 11/15/2017
Employment Type: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal positions available
Schedule: Morning and Evening shifts available
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous restaurant/hotel experience is preferred with at least 1 year of working in a similar position. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational, time management and delegation skills. Good communication skills-both written and verbal, required in English. Requires standing and carrying for long periods. This position may require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21-50 pounds.