Staff Accountant II
Looking to work in a great office environment? In a career that offers opportunity for further advancement and with a fun and supportive team? East West is seeking a Staff Accountant II to join their team. The Staff Accountant II is responsible for processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation, and supports other staff members who contribute to the financial process. This person performs accounting duties in a complex multi-company environment. Position requires a detail orientated individual with strong customer service skills, ability to work within multiple systems and ability to create and develop new processes and systems. Work is performed in an automated environment and requires intermediate knowledge of and ability to use bookkeeping and other office productivity software such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Essential duties include:
- Independently researches and resolves problems with vendor statements, owner inquiries, and software difficulties.
- Contributes beyond the stated job description with additional responsibilities, which may include bank reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
- Processes accounts payable for EWDH managed associations and divisions.
- Reviews invoices and verifies that all invoices have been properly approved and coded.
- Reconciles vendor statements and responds to vendor inquiries.
- Maintains information and prepares vendor 1099 filing.
- Prepares billings for Corporate Division and EWR managed associations based upon information provided by other staff members or electronic budget files.
- Accurately enters and deposits all cash receipts at least weekly to update accounts receivable ledger.
- Reconcile monthly cash accounts accurately and within designated timeframe.
- Prints and mails or emails customer statements with appropriate documentation within the designated timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: East West - Corporate Offices in Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm. 40hrs per week.
Eligible for full benefits package, including health insurance and 401k Plan.
Associates degree or equivalent, and at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to retain information and to apply other knowledge to new situations for problem solving. Ability to resolve problems involving multiple variables in non-standardized situations. Ability to implement creative solutions to complex problems.